As a non-profit organization, Laurentian Camp Cherith is run entirely by volunteers. From summer camp staff to service projects to working with a team or committee year-round, we have many opportunities for you to contribute. Students enrolled in an Ontario high school can earn volunteer hours toward their diploma.
There are many ways you can help us. Some only require a few hours of your time! Here are some different ways you can help:
- We have work parties in the spring and fall. Come for a day or camp out for a whole weekend, and help us with various construction or site development projects. We have jobs for people of all ages (bring your kids!) and skill levels from raking leaves to clearing brush to building construction.
- Join a team and help us with different areas of camp throughout the year. Like organizing and planning events? You might like to join our Fundraising Team.
- Volunteer at a fundraising event. We run several fundraising events during the spring and fall, like our annual Silent Auction and our 1 Under The Son volleyball tournament. We need volunteers to cook, serve refreshments, run display booths, ticket sales, stage hands, technical support, and more.
- We need volunteers to represent and promote camp at your church. Word of mouth is the #1 way to encourage others to come to camp. If you enjoyed going to Camp Cherith, we can send you brochures and posters to help you tell your friends! We can also provide more volunteers to help you if you want to have a display booth or a “camp night” for your kids’ program. Help us spread the word!
- All of our summer camp staff are mature Christian adults 18 years or older (17 years with CILT graduation certificate). Volunteer to come for one or more weeks of camp! We offer a registration discount for your dependent children when they come with you to camp!
(tagged for rewrite)