As a non-profit organization, Camp Cherith – Lanark is run entirely by volunteers! We think this is something that sets us apart from other camps. We couldn’t do it without our amazing volunteers!
Need high school volunteer hours? We can help!
From summer camp staff to weekend service projects to year-round committees, we have many opportunities for you to contribute:
- We have work parties in the spring and fall. Come for a day or join us for a weekend, and help with various construction and maintenance projects. We have jobs for people of all ages (bring the kids!) and skill levels from raking leaves to building renovations.
- Join a team and help us with different areas of camp throughout the year. Do you like organizing and planning events? Join our Fundraising Team! Love talking about camp to your friends? Join our Promotions Team!
- Volunteer at a fundraising event. We run fundraising events like our annual Snowflake Gala and Silent Auction. We need volunteers to help with ticket sales, greeting, technical support, and other tasks.
- We need volunteers to represent and promote camp at your church. Word of mouth is the #1 way to encourage others to come to camp. If you enjoyed going to Camp Cherith – Lanark, we can send you brochures and posters to help you tell your friends! We can also provide more volunteers to help you if you want to have a display booth or a “camp night” for your kids’ program. Help us spread the word!
- All of our summer camp staff are mature Christian adults 18 years or older (17 years with CILT graduation). Volunteer to come for one or more weeks of camp!