Camp Cherith – Lanark is located just one hour southwest of Ottawa, along the Clyde River in Lanark, Ontario. Our camp property was formerly the River Farm Christian Campground.
Directions from Ottawa
NOTE: From June 29, 2015 until October, a detour is in effect due to the closure and replacement of the bridge on French Line Road.
Travel west on the 417 about 10 minutes past Scotiabank Place. Take Exit 155 onto March Road.
(Note: There are two March Road exits off the 417! The March/Eagleson exit will take you along a scenic detour through Kanata!)
Turn left after the off-ramp and drive west along March Road, through Almonte, to the junction in Hopetown. Turn right onto Highway 511 north.
- After turning, travel about 2 km north along Highway 511.
- Turn left onto South Lavant Darling Road (sign for “Poland”).
- Follow South Lavant Road for 11 km, then turn right onto Black Creek Road.
- Drive 18 km (Black Creek Road becomes Lavant Darling Road) until you reach the Camp Cherith sign. It is mostly gravel so please take your time.
- Turn right to enter the Camp Cherith driveway.
This detour adds about 20 minutes to the normal commute to camp. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Camp Cherith – Lanark
286 River Farm Lane